The Valley View Trail stretches across the east side of Council Bluffs, Iowa, and passes through the city of Sioux City, the Omaha Riverfront Trail is open. The location states that it acts as a link between the Sioux Valley Trail and two other trails, which also means that it is convenient for travelers to visit all three places in and around Sioux City.
In fact, it would be difficult to find this part of Iowa without the help of the Sioux Valley Trail and the Omaha Riverfront Trail. Because the Sioux River was located in a productive country that was rapidly expanding in population, supplies of various types of products were quite large and rapidly increased in both quantity and value. In some cases, the amount of goods transported by traders along the Little Sioux would have been adequate for a city of 1,500, for any city with more than that amount, and in some cases even more.
This thriving town was located on the banks of the Little Sioux River, north of Omaha, Iowa. This town of about 1,500 people and an annual income of $100,000 was located on a small piece of land between the river and the Omaha Riverfront Trail, about two miles south of downtown Omaha.
Little Sioux Township was perched on a high loess cliff that jutted out of the ground, about two miles south of the Omaha Riverfront Trail.
Most of Sioux City is in Iowa, while North Sioux City is in South Dakota and South Sioux City is near Nebraska. The area is called Siouxland, which includes the city of Sioux Falls, Sioux County and parts of South and North Dakota.
The city owes its origins to the Pacific authority of the Sioux City, which took the city in October 1868. The first transcontinental railroad was completed in 1869, and Union Pacific Railroad began expanding its westward route to Omaha. The railroad ran west of Little Sioux, a town on the Sioux River that emerged in the 1870s and 1880s. From 1870 to 1880, Little Dakota flourished and was easily accessible from Omaha, Omaha City, Sioux Falls and other cities.
In spring '56, 150 Sioux townspeople welcomed the first steamboat from St. Louis. Over the next two years, three more steamers landed in Little Sioux, giving a significant boost to local and regional trade. Interest in education grew, as did the growing number of students from Sioux Valley and other parts of the state.
Still, Little Sioux residents were unaware of the direct east-west line that ran through the city at the time. Despite this fact and despite the misunderstandings, the Sioux City Pacific Railway left the city and set off for St. Louis, safely and profitably connected with the rest of the United States.
The companies in Little Sioux as a state were relatively large in proportion to the population and number of farms. If that hope is fulfilled, the population of Little Dakota would have doubled by the end of the 19th century.
The Sioux City Symphony Orchestra has tripled in size over the past century, including 90 professional musicians. Sioux City is home to one of the largest orchestras in the United States and the second largest orchestra in North America.
The association has been in existence in Little Sioux for over twenty years and is now as much a part of the city of Sioux as it has always been. It has a priest, a priest and many leading businessmen of the place are associated with it. The monaghettist Mormon sect is better represented in little Sioux than any other church. There is no sect like this, but the first class to be founded in Little Sioux was around the time that society began to grow.
The state of Iowa sent Mr. Gamet, a U.S. government contractor, to survey the country within its western border. A contract worker for the U, S government, he was initially transferred to Illinois, but moved to Little Sioux shortly thereafter, where he remained. At the time, Mr. GAMet was responsible for building a rail line from Chicago to Sioux City and then to Sioux.
In 1836, the company sent him to Fort Benton, where he learned the language of the Dakota and gained a good understanding of the culture, customs and customs of its inhabitants. Although Mr. Gamet is the oldest settler in the city, and settled in West Iowa in 1846, there are others who made Little Sioux their home before his arrival. The original settlements were the sites of two separate settlements, one in Sioux City and the other in Little Dakota, but the first settlement was mentioned as early as 1835, just a few years before Mr. Gamet arrived.
The early development of Little Sioux was greatly influenced by the migration of Mormons to Iowa and the growth of the railroad. Other historical events generally associated with the expansion of the United States to the west also had a marked impact on Little Dakota Township. More information about the history of the small Sioux Township and its inhabitants is available on the Iowa State Historical Society website.